Tuesday 4 November 2014

Taylor's Graduate Capabilities

TAYLOR'S GRADUATE CAPABILITIES

These are the TGCs that I have developed throughout the 4 months of college experience in TCSJ.







While following the syllabus, and by attending theory and practical classes regularly, I have gained new knowledge about the topics from what I have learned in secondary school. Subsequently, I am more able to put theories into practices. Hence I have gained experience in understanding and solving ethical issues in the context of the field of study. Nonetheless, I can also understand professional practice within the field of study.




Having always been spoon-fed, I couldn't meet the challenge of college. Finally breaking-free from secondary school, I get to learn independently, where I take my own notes. After the first week, I have learned to locate and extract the important points from the teachers' speech. To make sure I fully understood, I wrote my notes using my own summarised words. For future revision purposes, I use coloured pens or symbols to highlight the important key words.



Through group discussions and analysis on questions, I am exposed to tough questions that requires critical and creative thinking. It is important to expertise on this skill is important so that we are able to think of the most effective solution in a shortest amount of time. In my opinion, this is an essential element to lead to a successful career.



After joining several clubs and interacting with students from other classes and intakes, I have gained social skills and also built up my social network. I have tried, and improve my speech of approach to gain myself new acquaintances. I am more capable of communicating appropriately in various settings and modes.



Through several group discussions in classes, I have gained understanding in my classmates thus I am able to understand team dynamics and mobilise the power of teams to achieve our goals together as a team. I am also given a chance to express my leadership and share my experiences. Nonetheless, I can observe different other ways of leading a team from my classmates.



Intrapersonal skills are what I need to understand more about myself so that I can improve myself. Returning home to stacks of homework, I have forced myself to manage my time to complete them and also make time for entertainment, self-enhancement and revision. When it becomes a daily routine, I became more self-reliant and I didn't have to worry about last-minute assignments. By observing behaviours from my classmates, I have learned new techniques that I can practise while doing my tasks.



As a graduate from an international secondary school, I have learned to think twice before I speak to avoid conflicts between the different races and religions among my schoolmates. Therefore, when coming to meeting new friends in Taylor's, I am aware and also well-prepared before forming opinions. But of course, I may not have fully understood about everyone's cultures, so I am willing to learn more about the value of civic responsibility and community engagement.


As a Cambridge A-Levels student, we have a lot of notes from lecturers and also documents for revisions, and for that we also require a lot of printing. Hence, we often use the computers to edit, create, and print documents. Besides, we also use online websites to make our learning process more effectively. 

For example: 

  1. Our Physic teacher practices flip-classrooms by uploading videos on showme.com , relating to our topics. 
  2. We use Moodle to conduct online tests. 
  3. Our teachers upload homework and notes on Facebook.








No comments:

Post a Comment