Tuesday 4 November 2014

Reflection to VAK

Introduction to VAK

'Learning style' should be interpreted to mean an individual mixture of styles. Everyone has a mixture of strengths and preferences. No-one has exclusively one single style or preference. Please bear this in mind when using these ideas.


Visual learning style involves the use of seen or observed things, including pictures, diagrams, demonstrations, displays, handouts, films, flip-chart, etc.
Auditory learning style involves the transfer of information through listening: to the spoken word, of self or others, of sounds and noises.
Kinesthetic learning involves physical experience - touching, feeling, holding, doing, practical hands-on experiences.

My VAK 

I use Visual learning style only when there are diagrams or pictures or flowcharts, and when there are colorful words and special symbols. But often I only remember the shape/color of the diagram, and forget about the contents.

In class, the Auditory learning style is not really useful to me when the teacher is talking because I am easily distracted by movements of surrounding objects. However, I can remember song lyrics easily by listening it to once or twice only.

I believe my learning style is often towards Kinesthetic style because I have to write out my working in order to solve my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment